Though there are some misconceptions, flooding is the United States’ #1 natural hazard. The National Flood Insurance Program wants consumers to know that while homeowner’s insurance won’t cover them against flooding, they can protect their home and property by purchasing a flood insurance policy through Efloodquote. Apply online for flood insurance coverage.
Many people are under the misconceptions that they are ineligible for flood insurance because of where they live, or their mortgage status. But the truth is, as long as your hometown is an NFIP community, most homeowners, business owners and renters can get flood insurance. The NFIP urges consumers to remember the flood insurance basics:
- You CAN get flood insurance nationwide.
- You CAN get flood insurance if you live in a floodplain or high-flood-risk area.
- You CAN get flood insurance if you live outside a floodplain, or a low-to-moderate flood-risk area, – and at lower cost.
- You CAN get flood insurance if your property has been flooded before.
- You CAN get flood insurance from insurance agents online.
- You CAN buy flood insurance even if your mortgage broker doesn’t require it.
Armed with the proper information about their flood risk and protection options, consumers can make more informed decisions to protect their financial investments and put down any misconceptions.